Back for a third year and an all new campaign from the world of the Candlekeep, the intrepid adventurers of the UPL Dungeons & Dragons Teen Book Club will invoke the magic of Google Meeting to gather EVERY Wednesday from 3:30 until 5:15pm.
As always, no experience is required! Join Dungeon Master Marcus, Sorcerer’s Apprentice Finn and Lore Master Clay as you learn to craft a character, learn the ropes and get free books and swag!
While the adventure is virtual, computers are available through the library upon request.
Expect to read books, earn points, and return to your daily life richer in treasure and experience!
Questions? Contact Clay at firstname.lastname@example.org
Create your character!
1. Go to D&D Beyond at https://www.dndbeyond.com/ and create a free account.
2. Under the ‘Collections’ tab select ‘My Characters’.
3. Click ‘Create A Character’ in the upper right corner.
4. Select Standard Build.
5. Under the ‘Home’ tab, give your character a name! Then uncheck all ‘Sources’. ‘Advancement Type’ should be XP not milestone. Everything else should stay the same.
6. Select your character’s race and fill in the applicable fields.
7. Next, ‘Class.’ Your character is level 5. Fill in the applicable fields.
8. ‘Abilities’ should be generated by Standard Array. There are lots of resources in the handbook and online about where you should put your scores based on what your class is.
9. Fill in your character’s description, lifestyle, under character details, dictates how much money you start with.
10. When figuring out ‘Equipment,’ it’s up to you if you want to choose starting equipment or gold then buying your equipment.
11. You can now view your character sheet in a browser or download it as a PDF. And since you have an account on D&D Beyond you are free to edit this sheet as you go!
With thanks to the Community Foundation of Tompkins County for a grant from the Myrtle Dee Nash Fund to support this program!