The library welcomes Kenneth McLaurin Jr. to teach a free class on Money Smart for Older Adults. Participants will learn to prevent elder financial exploitation and to encourage advance planning and informed financial decision-making. After the workshop the participants will be better able to:
- Recognize and reduce the risk of elder financial exploitation
- Guard against identity theft
- Plan for possible loss of their ability to manage their finances
- Prepare financially for disasters
- Find other helpful resources for managing their money
Please join us on Thursday, December 29th at 6:30 pm in the Melvin Community Room.
This class will be taught by Kenneth McLaurin Jr. Financial Management Educator at the Cornell Cooperative Extension. He has spent 12 years internationally leading community-based programs focused on servicing a wide range of needs for individuals, families and communities.