Strategic Plan 2023-2027
Our vision is to provide a library that is the heart of the community, offering our patrons a world of learning, wonder, and meaningful experiences. We will provide modern library services and a diverse and up-to-date collection within a kind and inclusive environment that is welcoming to all. We believe, through the values of volunteerism, intellectual freedom, and progressive innovation of technology, our library will meet this vision.
The primary purpose of a library strategic plan is to create, communicate, and measure our organizational goals for the service we want to provide within our community. The goals laid out in this plan reflect our values as an organization: we strive to meet them over the next five years.
This plan was developed after the Library Board of Trustees solicited community feedback about our services, collection, and building. We will use the responses gathered through this survey and continue to seek community input as we strive to meet our goals over the next five years.
ROLES AND GOALS
ROLES: In pursuit of our mission, UPL has three key roles in the community:
- UPL as an educator: We support the education of all community members by providing information, diverse physical and digital collections, access to technology, and programming for all ages.
- UPL as a community resource: We connect our library patrons: with one another by providing free meeting spaces, and with other community-serving organizations through our partnerships.
- UPL as an inviting place: We provide a welcoming environment to all, serving the diverse needs of the community through well-designed and maintained indoor and outdoor spaces.
GOALS: Focused on our mission and key roles, we strive to achieve continuous growth and improvement in these key areas over the next five years:
- Relevant and innovative library services
- maintain a diverse and up-to-date physical and virtual collection
- provide robust programming and events for the community focusing on learning, creativity, and connection
- optimize indoor and outdoor spaces that meet the community’s changing needs
- Community engagement and support
- collaborate with community partners to expand the reach of the library and amplify other services that will benefit our patrons
- promote membership and volunteerism
- tell our story: increase awareness of library services through print and social media
- Library as a community space
- create an environment that is welcoming to all
- balance the diverse needs of our patrons as they come together in one space
- staff the library with well-trained and knowledgeable employees