Celebrate summer and books with a relaxed book discussion group on the library patio from 7-8 pm on six consecutive Thursday evenings from July 3 through August 7. For each book you read during that time and for each discussion you attend you may enter a prize raffle.
Our featured books for each week will be these science inspired non-fiction/fiction pairings. You may attend and contribute to a lively literary discussion even if these aren’t the titles you read each week:
- Shaping Humanity by John Gurche and The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Turing’s Cathedral by George Dyson and The Beautiful Land by Alan Averill
- Quirk: Brain Science by Hannah Holmes and Hair Side Flesh Side by Helen Marshall
- The Poisoner’s Handbook by Deborah Blum and Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler
- The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean and Carbon Murder: Periodic Table of Elements Mystery by Camille Minichino
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot and The Organ Grinders by Bill Fitzhugh
Be prepared to enjoy the book talk; share what you’re reading, and enjoy the evening. We will meet indoors if the weather is uncooperative.